The Jem toy line was created in 1986 by Hasbro and featured rock star fashion dolls. Like many toy lines of the 1980s, it was promoted through an animated television series. The main character was Jerrica Benton, co-owner of Starlight Music Corporation by day and Jem, lead singer of Jem and the Holograms by night. A pair of magical earrings allowed Jerrica to communicate with an A.I. computer and hologram projector called Synergy to transform into Jem.
Dolls in the toy line included band members of Jem and the Holograms, Jem's boyfriend Rio, Synergy, band members of rival band The Misfits, and Jem's friends the Starlight girls. There were also doll clothes and accessories, play sets, sticker albums, and other merchandise featuring Jem and the Holograms.
Jem dolls were slightly larger than other playscale dolls like Barbie, so clothes and shoes were not interchangeable and separate fashions had to be purchased for Jem. Jem also had more articulation, with wrists that moved in order to hold a microphone or musical instruments.
- Jem Star Stage Logo Backdrop Attachment for Doll Rock Concert Playset $15.00 USD
- Rock 'N Curl Jem Doll Vintage 1987 Hasbro Jem Jerrica & The Holograms Toy $15.00 USD
- Jem Doll Vintage Hasbro Jem & The Holograms Rock Star with Light Up Earrings, Comb Sold out
- Roxy Doll Vintage Misfits Jem & The Holograms Roxanne Pellegrini Rock Star Sold out
- Stormer Misfits Electric Guitar Vintage Jem and the Holograms Doll Toy Sold out
- Jem Stickers Pack NOS Never Opened for Diamond Sticker Collector's Album Book Sold out