Care Bears first appeared on greeting cards by American Greetings in 1981. By 1983, they had been made into a toy line including stuffed plush bears, poseable figures, miniature figurines, and other toys. Each Care Bear has its own personality and a symbol on its tummy.
The Care Bears line included Bedtime Bear, Birthday Bear, Cheer Bear, Champ Bear, Cloudkeeper, Friend Bear, Funshine Bear, Good Luck Bear, Grams Bear, Grumpy Bear, Baby Hugs Bear, Baby Tugs Bear, Love-A-Lot Bear, Professor Cold Heart, Share Bear, Tenderheart Bear, and Wish Bear.
The line later added Care Bears Cousins, which were animals other than bears. The Care Bears Cousins characters were Brave Heart Lion, Bright Heart Raccoon, Cozy Heart Penguin, Gentle Heart Lamb, Lotsa Heart Elephant, Loyal Heart Dog, Noble Heart Horse, Playful Heart Monkey, Proud Heart Cat, Swift Heart Rabbit, and Treat Heart Pig.
- Love-A-Lot Bear Vintage Care Bears Poseable 3-Inch Figure $18.00 USD
- Love-A-Lot Bear Holding Cut-Out Hearts Care Bears Miniature Sold out
- Love-A-Lot Bear Offering a Bunch of Roses Care Bears Miniature $12.00 USD
- Love-A-Lot Bear Sharing His Heart Care Bears Miniature $12.00 USD
- Love-A-Lot Bear Plush Vintage 13" Care Bears Stuffed Animal $35.00 USD
- Cheer Bear Vintage Care Bears Poseable 3-Inch Figure $18.00 USD
- Cheer Bear Painting a Rainbow Care Bears Miniature Figurine $10.00 USD
- Cheer Bear Skipping Rope Care Bears PVC Miniature $12.00 USD
- Cheer Bear Creating a Cheerful Picture Care Bears Miniature $12.00 USD
- Cheer Bear Cheering from the Sidelines Care Bears Miniature Sold out
- Lotsa Heart Elephant Vintage Care Bears Cousins Poseable 3-Inch Figure Sold out
- Lotsa Heart Elephant Lifting Weights Care Bears Cousins Miniature Sold out